Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holiday Fun

Santa brought a "rocking guitar" and microphone.
My daughter has the sweetest heart. This year, since the beginning of November, she had made a list and bought her own gifts for loved ones (including her brother). I was so proud of her. Giving was more important to her this year than receiving. This is one of the attributes I want my children to have. I'm so blessed!




I love surprise faces! Genuine ones. He didn't have a clue he was getting a DS like his sister.



Ok, this may seem like a picture of my son tucking his shirt back in, but what you don't understand is we have had the "worst" time with him and CLOTHES. This "phase" (I hope it's a phase) is about to drive me out of my mind. He constantly wants to change clothes. He won't wear anything but yucky t-shirts and holy worn-out wranglers. But Christmas Eve, I begged him to wear something a little nicer and after many moments, he said okay. He looked nice. So it cracked me up to see him tucking his shirt in to stay looking nice all night long. Also notice the play gun sticking out of his pocket. Grandma and Grandpa put those in their goody sacks and they had a blast playing with those.

Sweet moment between cousins.

Baby, its cold outside! But no snow :(


This is another funny story. When we first starting talking about what they wanted Santa to bring, Canyon thought about it a long time. Then he told me one day, he was going to ask for a "rocking guitar" and a trash. I said "What? A trash?" He said "Yeah, mom, I don't have a trash can in my room." Of course, the mother in me was like, I have 14 trash cans in this whole house and you can't seem to EVER throw anything in the trash. But then, I laughed and thought it was sooo cute that he would want that from Santa. After I told the story a few times, he must have felt funny about it because he changed his mind and put something else on his list. (Lesson to self, don't tell the cute stories where they can hear) So one day we were shopping at Target and came across this adorable Cars trash can that has the foot release thing to lift the lid. I couldn't resist. He ended up loving it and filled it up that day with the wrapping paper!





No comments: